Monday morning, just arrived at Santander docks and sat on the quay waiting for the ferry – 24 hours of sea ahead, can’t wait, praying for calm seas please.
Slight problem this morning – arrived at ferry terminal to find it gone – literally, where the gate and the quayside were had been demolished. Then followed a frantic tour of the city one way system to try and find a new ferry terminal. After two trips around we found it, got parked up and had a couple of hours around the city. Somewhat of a culture shock after 3 months of villages and sleepy towns to suddenly be in the middle of noise, traffic, bustle and people everywhere was a real wake up call.
Each time we go away someone asks the “fuel consumption” question, and I have not a clue. So in the spirit of recording useless data and statistics here are a few kept over the last 3 months.
Miles driven to date : 2706
Total fuel bought. : 92 gallons
Fuel usage : 29.5 miles p/gallon
Total nights away : 80
Average miles driven per day : 33
Weetabix eaten : 240
7 kg Calor gas bottles used : 1
Dutch campsites in Portugal : 7
Total views of our Blog : 6897
Average fuel cost per litre €1.40
Worst bit – day 1 and discovering no electric plug so no electric for 3 months – (women will understand this means no hair straightening i.e. disaster).
Top 5 best bits
1) Finding the electric cable plug on day 2 rates fairly highly:) (See worst bit).
2) Visits from Sian and Al and the 116’ers were very special.
3) Places – Fatima, extreme in many ways but wouldn’t have missed it – closely followed by Convento De Cristo and the Ria Formosa.
4) Octopus and bread porridge – because it sounds so terrible but tastes so good.
5) Iain when he got caught in a freak wave (you had to be there but trust me it was side splittingly funny).
There endeth our Blog for another trip – we had the proverbial ball as always, met some lovely people, saw amazing places and made many wonderful memories.
Thank you Bus driver for making it all possible, you are a star x.
Tomorrow we start saving for the next adventure:)
Posted with WordPress for BlackBerry by Sandra